Monday, February 16, 2009

Goodbye PONYTAIL!!

Good News! Ann flew to Salt Lake to have me do her hair... Color and Cut! Keep in mind, Ann's hair has only known a ponytail!! Hasn't ever really met a flat iron, round brush, or professional color in a LONG time! So let me do a run through on her hair... Let me start by showing you her BEFORE picture!

Sorry I just used my phone to take these pictures so sorry about the lighting

This is her sad face... "Please Help!"

Ann was looking for something drastic! Her hair was a little damaged and broken off due to the excessive ponytails and tight hairbands! It's amazing what a simple hairdo can do to your hair after many years.


COLOR

So we decided to take her hair down a few shades. I used a warmer tone which fits best with her skin. Darker hair gives the illusion of shinny healthy hair, to brittle, damaged hair- just a little hair tip and also added some highlights, which helps blend when her regrowth comes in and is just nice to have some dimension. We didn't want to do anything stripey or thick... just really blended highlights!

CUT
Ann is trying to keep the length.. however 2 inches off the base were really needed. I also added some layers.. nothing too short just so she had some movement and body to her hair. Plus depending on your face shape (in this case Ann has a round face) adding layers breaks up any edges or adds edges and texture to any face shape. I also found that she had accidental bangs due to breakage... so we blended those in and gave them a trim.

So Here we are!So much Happier! Shes glowing!





Having bangs was a little new to Ann, but I showed her there are so many techniques and tricks out there to enjoy your hair without damaging it
This is a good one showing her layers and highlights... and her sexy face!

The best part of the day... getting rid of the pain and heartache this beautiful head of hair had to go through with this hairband!

So what have we all learned??

#1 Do not wear your hair in a ponytail for 20 years

#2 Do not color your own hair! You have NO idea what your putting on it

And #3 Just come to me and let me make you more stunning then you already are!

It worked for Ann!

Call me!

3 comments:

  1. YES!!!!! I love it!! Nicole looked at the picture and said she looks like Grandma.....(only because of the color I am sure) he he he. You did such a GOOD job!!! I like how you documented it on the blog!!

    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job! My favorite is with her bangs pulled back to show her cute face better. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK Kim....that was the funniest thing EVER!!!! The pic with the trash can is the best. Lin...not to sure if I like the grandma comment. That's great. I like Pete's comment that I look like you better :)

    ReplyDelete