Sunday, April 19, 2009

Celebrity Watch!

Real World Brooklyn
First off let me start by telling you, I love the Real World! This last season they had 2 people from Salt Lake! One named CHET! A girl at my salon (Sara) actually knows him, Chet went to school with her husband and were in a frat house together. I was just excited knowing that she knew someone that was on TV. So turns out after the show he moved to New York to per sue a career in the TV industry. Sara informed me he was going to be in town this last weekend and she had asked him to come into the salon on Friday so we could meet him. Friday came along and she called him but he was just to busy to stop by. But had promised to get an autographed pic to me! I was bummed he didn't show but whatever.

So sure enough on Saturday the fam and I went to Rio Grand Cafe downtown. As soon as i walked in I saw CHET sitting eating with his family!! I was so excited to see him! We ended up getting a table right next to his. I was so stressed, I knew I had to talk to him and asked him for a photo! When we got sat they had just got there food so I knew I had some time.... when our server came over to take our order I noticed they were paying and wrapping things up... Chet was going out the door. I chased after him like a stalker, and called out his name (which was weird) he turned around. and I said "Hi, can I get a photo with you?" He said "Ya of course" I said "I work with Sara at the salon and since you didn't come into the salon yesterday you owe me a picture" he said "Oh you work with Sara? I'm sorry I could come in, I have been pretty busy with the family" Then he asked for my name and shook my hand. He is super nice!

In the mean time mom stopped to talk to Sally, Chet's mom. Sally is really good friends with Becky's mom (Becky is moms friend from work) His mom joined us outside and he introduced her to me and said "She was on episode 2" Sally said "doesn't he look better now, his hair and all?" Shes funny she has a really high pitched voice which I remembered from her being on the show. In the second episode, Sally was not to happy to see that Chet had worn black eyeliner the night before. She made him promise to not wear it again. So when she mentioned something about his hair, I said "Aren't you happy hes not wearing the eyeliner?" she just laughed and said yes. She was really upset on the show...
I also told Chet that if ends up having time to come in to the salon, he had to where his bow tie outfit, It was a classic on the show! Included the colorful scarfs and big fake nerd glasses.
It was funny to bring up something I remembered from the show.

Anyway, there was a very detailed story of my meeting with Chet from Real World! and now for the Pic!

The best part is we are both holding our BlackBerry's in our hands! Mine is red and he of course has a pink case on his!
P.S. he is not gay!




2 comments:

  1. the phone thing is really funny. i noticed that last night when i sent over the pic... im like "oh my, they couldnt let go of those phones" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting!! I love the Real World too, so I would be loving that! Good for you for trackin him down like a stalker ;)

    ReplyDelete